This is a hand made razor sharp entry level practical shirasaya style katana sword. The Shirasaya first came into use when the sword smiths needed a place to temporarily store their sword blades. Newly forged katana swords were often stored in wooden sheath to store until they could be fitted. After sword carrying was banned in Japan, some Samurais uses Shirasaya style katana to conceal their swords. Nowadays, the Shirasaya is presented as a different style of Samurai sword. This sword is made with high temper carbon steel that can cut steel wire without chipping, and it can cut through bamboos easily. It is a full tang sword and can be fully disassembled. The blade was fully hand sharpened with a visible temper line. The saya and tsuka of the sword is constructed by hard wood, and finished with beautiful natural gloss finish. When enclosed, the saya and tsuka becomes one solid piece. The Sword is measured at 39” overall long, the blade is measured at 28” long. Makoto is a registered trademark.
- Hand honed razor sharp Japanese Shira-saya katana. The blade is forged from 1045 high carbon steel and tempered for consistent hardness and flexibility.
- Features a black lacquered wooden scabbard (saya) and handle
- Overall Length: 39". Blade Length: 28".
- Full tang fuctional blade.
- Including black cotton sword bag for carrying and protection.